20 Hz - 20 kHz
Black / Red
Active Noise Cancelling
- Microphone Type: Unidirectional noise cancelling
- 7.1 Surround via USB - Accurate positional audio gives you a tactical advantage, letting you hear where your enemies are before they see you.
- 40mm Neodymium drivers - Great sound quality with better sensitivity.
- Closed-back, circumaural design - Cushioned earpads surround your ears and the closed-back design reduces environmental noise for a more immersive gaming experience.
- Noise-Cancelling microphone - Automatically reduces background noise, so you'll be heard loud and clear.
- Padded earcups and headband - Extra comfort so you can focus on your game, not the gear.
- 33 points
- 48 months ago
from completed build Hatchling
Good for the price that I got them
I got these with a rebate at Micro Center for $15 total, which is pretty good
I am not an audiophile, but they do sound pretty decent, except for when in virtual 7.1 surround sound mode, then everything is really echo-y and hollow, and there is almost no difference between virtual and stereo. The mic is pretty good (or as I have been told by my friends on Skype and Discord who I chat with for a few hours a day after school)
A problem I have is mostly because the software doesn't save the 'I want 7.1 on' when I shut down, so it is too bothersome to open the software every time and turn it on, even though it isn't worth it because of how weird it sounds
These headphones are almost too large for me, the gamer-y aesthetics looks ridiculous and make them fairly uncomfortable after 2 hours or so of gaming because there is a lot of pressure on the headband, and my ears rub against the inside of the headphones, causing irritation, wearing a winter hat helps, but then it gets hot, which brings me to another point the leather ear cups need to breathe every half hour to avoid too much discomfort.
After about 6 months the cord has become terribly tangled on itself, it is twisted an a nightmare to try and manage, almost want wireless now.
After about a year the right ear cup no longer works, and the cable is becoming atrocious. I RMA'd it for a new headset, fairly fast and very pain free
Overall the headset is pretty decent for a budget, the extra add ons like a inline controller and virtual 7.1 is neat at this price point
- 5 points
- 14 months ago
from completed build Brisana's Zen Garden
Place of purchase - Corsair.com
Not the best sound coming from this set, but I really only wanted these to get the "best experience" in Senua's Sacrifice. Goal achieved.
- 4 points
- 56 months ago
from completed build AGT's Machine
Good 7.1 effects. Oh... when wearing it, you can't listen anything else around.
- 4 points
- 48 months ago
from completed build Another red/black gaming pc.
Mediocre sound, good lows and mids, highs are missing. Bass is strong. Comfortable and sound isolating.