add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Server host for Minecraft and Terraria

TheSingingCarrots
  • 3 days ago

I'm currently using Nodecraft to host my server but want to know if there are some better options. To be clear I'm looking for a game server host where I don't have to do any troubleshooting with installing everything, I want a host that I just click a few buttons and everything's ready.

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

From what I know, apexhosting does a fairly decent job. However, there's no "click a few buttons" setup on almost anything. Honestly if you're looking to have good control over the server and you're not looking to have it protected, you could make a cheap server running off, say, a 3200g/9100 .

• 1 day ago
  • 3 points

You don't even need to build a new system for a server. An old Dell Optiplex with a nice i5 and 8GB of RAM will work great for a small vanilla Minecraft server. That's what I ran for a while.

• 1 day ago
  • 1 point

I have bad experience with Apex Hosting. All my friends that have used it said that it's complete garbage.. But, I am always running my server on my own personal server.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Hosting your own server gives you a lot more control and costs a lot less. Minecraft and Terraria make it easy to host yourself.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Like what ellipsis04 said, will a 3200g be fine for running both servers at the same time?

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

That depends on if you're running server-side mods or not, and how resource-intensive they are.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube