add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

what is my current ram looking to get a second

NoNamesToPick021
  • 6 days ago

when i bought my other ram the name was Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM PC4-19200 CL17 Dual Ranked 1.2V Unbuffered 288PIN Memory (copied from email) im looking to buy another 8GB but i have no idea what one to buy cause the site is now closed that i bought it from. when i look it up on amazon it shows duel or single rank and i have no idea what one to get. this is my current build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkCdvW (the 4gb is 8gb i couldnt find it to select)

Comments

• 5 days ago
  • 0 points

You want a stick of 8GB DDR4-2400 CL 17. (Unbuffered, non-ECC.) I don't think you need to worry about dual vs single rank. Ideally it would be Crucial brand but you can probably get away with other brands.

The memory controller on Intel CPU's are generally rather forgiving of mis-matches, so if you can't match your existing stick exactly, you still have a pretty good chance of it working.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube