add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

COD, BF and even Tom Clancy.. Story rich games?

Shino47
  • 6 days ago

Personally, I don't have any problems with these types of games, but it seems.. (to me at least) that nowadays most game developers are focused on online multiplayer rather than having a story rich (for example: any Middle Earth, Tomb Raider, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Deus Ex, Dying Light...etc..) type of game.

That being said, do you guys have any game recommendations with 1st or 3rd person (not exclusively shooter games, but any genre.. I even like the Batman Arkham games) where the story is the main focus? (online multiplayer is welcome too, not saying I don't like it.)

Games I'm planning to get soon whenever they come out on Steam

Death Stranding, Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs Legion, Dying Light 2, Control, Resident Evil 3

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Witcher 2+3. A lot of people liked the Witcher 1, but I could get past the really slow gameplay. Bioshock 1,2, and Infinite are good. Fallout New Vegas and 4 are good and a lot of fun to mod. Fallout 3 is OK, but it's so old it can be a pain to get running (even following the instructions pinned at the top of the Steam forum). The Outer Worlds was good and is a newer title.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Witcher 1 picks up as soon as you get into the city. Helps to play on easy, to just focus on the story and not worry about tracking better item down.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point
  • Mass effect trilogy - spectacular fun massive and deep story, choices carry over three games etc. Game number one feels a little bit dated IMO, but 2 and 3 are great fun.

• Witcher series - IMO can start fine with just number 3, its such a step above the other two and easily 100 or so hours content anyways. Can read back story for prior 2.

• Dragon Quest 11 - this is a JPRG, but absolutely amazing IMO.

• Dishonored series

• Dues Ex series (recent two games IMO)

If I had to pick one, go with Mass effect trilogy, amazing games and so much content.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube