add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Not Booting Up on Inital Start

Lucianwhite
  • 1 month ago

Just built a new computer and when going to boot, all the fans kick on including GPU fan, the rgb lights that were installed and ram light comes on, but it does not display on first boot up on a screen. After about 20 seconds of being on it powers down and starts back up again.

I have currently went through and made sure everything is wired correctly 3 times. Only put in one stick of ram in all the slots. Took out my CPU to make sure it was seated correctly.

Not sure why it isn't power to a screen for bios. Any suggestions.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Also note that I did try both hdmi and dport on my gpu and have tried plugging it into my motherboard after to see if that would work.

Also on start up I noticed my lighting for my keyboard and mouse didnt light up when plugged into all my usb slots.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Did you pull the graphics card completely out when testing or no?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yup, when I tested with the on board I pulled the graphics fully off.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

And did you try both sticks of RAM individually?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Correct, each stick individually in all slots.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I would contact ASRock then it sounds like you have a very early BIOS with a later 9600K on one of the newer steppings.

Theory and often practice would have a stepping still compatible but on a stripped down BIOS like you find on budget models like the Pro 4 all bets are off.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much. I will be trying this tomorrow.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube