add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

iPad Pro for Laptop Use

ProbablyProdigy
  • 3 months ago

Has anybody here decided to use an iPad Pro as a laptop replacement?

First off, the idea of it is extremely appealing to me. Maybe it's just the convenience of having a (mostly) all-in-one package that can do most things and also do those things incredibly well.

I spent a few weeks with a 2nd generation iPad Pro and was pleasantly surprised with pretty much everything. That's coming from a Android/Windows guy. Battery life was phenomenal, speakers were great, performance was solid and to be honest, doing things like spreadsheets or multitasking really wasn't too bad. Especially since I was using the Smart Keyboard Cover and the Pencil.

Anyways, I did have a couple of complaints such as the idiotic way of charging the pencil, not having a 'full keyboard' and the screen bezels. However, the 3rd gen Pro has resolved the bezels and pencil plus, Brydge made an aluminum keyboard that matches the iPad perfectly. The only drawback that I see now is the current mouse support. To me, that is not true mouse support.

Thoughts?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd prefer the Surface Pro 7 over an iPad Pro, personally, although I'd take a decent ultrabook over either.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube