add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT H510 Fan Placement

Pangur

4 days ago

I finished my new build today, which is really quite modest. The CPU is the Ryzen 1600 AF and the GPU is a GTX 1660 Super. When I first got the case the 120mm fan on the top seemed small so I added a 140mm Noctua PWN fan on the top and put the 120mm in the top of the front after Gamers Nexus mentioned that GPU temps do better than CPU temps with this case. After spending an hour gaming at 1080p Ultra my CPU was not much above idol, but the GPU went up to 49 c, still great and nothing I am worried about, but now I am thinking I should move the front fan to the bottom. I might have to take a closer look in the BIOS, but I think the 140mm PWN fan is looking at CPU temps and is not spinning fast enough to create the negative air flow needed to keep the GPU cooler.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube