add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU Water Cooling - Yay or Nay

NewYorkGamer

10 days ago

Ok fellas so I have a MSI 2080 Super VENTUS OC. If I plan on using afterburner and taking this card from it's minimum to maximum potential through afterburner would it be worth doing an AIO for my card?. I'm looking and it's compatible with the Kraken G-12 mount bracket. Gonna prolly pair it with Corsair H55. I have checked thoroughly online and have seen the card both OC'ed further and successfully cooled via AIO. But is it worth it?. I know even getting 10c gains could be substantially beneficial granted I'm intending to OC it as far as I can safely. What should I do leave it be stock or cool it for under 100$ with an AIO?. Thanks in advance guys!.

Comments

• 10 days ago
  • 2 points

From a performance perspective, no not really worth it. A half decent air cooler, such as the one already on the card will allow you to extract a fair bit of performance. Under water, sure you will be able to usually maintain a few steps higher under water then air, but not the the extent the 14% increase in price (assuming $700 card and $100 AIO modification) will be realised.

With that said, its kind of moot, you mention you already have the card, so play around with it now. Its pretty impossible with the protections built in to break a card tweaking via MSI AB etc.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for an unbiased and informative opinion!. I'll prolly play around with it stock for now!.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube