add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First RGB build PSU Help

OccuredClown

10 days ago

Hey everyone,

First RGB Build, I plan to be running dual monitors, for gaming/guides or gaming/streaming (if possible). My major concern is not knowing how RGB works when considering a PSU. I currently have a 850w selected, should I upgrade that to a higher amount?

Would prefer to keep it a Titanium or Platinum

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/3ZRJtp

Thank You!!

Comments

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

A good 650W (even 550W really) would be enough for your build. The current psu you have in your list is one of the best (if not the best) you can buy right now. But ofcourse all depends on what is your budget for this psu?

For rgb my guess will be that you will need 2 programs to run them all (i don't think there is one for all of them)

So for the ram, keyboard, mouse, cooler, fans and the case fans is't corsair icue.

For mobo and gpu it's msi own rgb program (i think it's called mystic light). It could also be that mystic light will see the ram not sure about that tho.

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

The light show adds very little to the total power draw. I don't know that I would drop to 550w, but 650/750 should be fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube