add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need another opinion to make sure i'm not crazy

Synchro
  • 2 months ago

Some guy in my local area is selling his PC, here are the specs

Ryzen 7 2700x B450 gaming plus mobo GTX 1060 3gb 16GB trident Z with (speed not stated) 250GB SSD 4 blue fans stock cooler Comes with logitech mouse + keyboard, and a 27" monitor

The dude want's $1200 USD for it. Seems a little overpriced doesnt it? Mainly because of that 1060. Or am I just crazy

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Not worth it in the slightest. $1200 for a PC like that is ripoff.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly

I wanted to argue with the dude, but I decided I’d be better off if I didn’t do that.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

that PC is worth roughly $700. That isnt just because I want it to be. you can literally build that for roughly that much money

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly, the very first thing I did was put a list together with some used parts (mainly CPU and GPU). Nowhere near 1200

I'm checking back a bunch to see if he lowers the price because it's been about 11 days since he posted the listing. The chaotic side of me wants to see him realize he's wrong. lol

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

seller is right it is worth $1200

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $178.89 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX AM4 Motherboard $104.99 @ B&H
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $93.99 @ Newegg
Storage PNY CS900 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $33.99 @ Dell
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3 GB ARMOR OCV1 Video Card $279.99 @ Amazon
Case Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $69.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA BQ 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ B&H
Monitor Asus VG278Q 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $249.90 @ Amazon
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard $89.99 @ Best Buy
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse $48.58 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1225.29
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-15 13:45 EST-0500

if it was new

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

True to an extent

I'd hope nobody would pay that much for a 1060 3GB model. But that's besides the point lol

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Meant to post this in general discussion. my bad

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a little overpriced 😬

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Right??

I told the guy and he gave the age old response of “I built this PC I know its worth”

A week and a half later, still hasn’t sold

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol. A build like that should be around $900 or 1K at most

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The most he could ask for that is probably around $800-$700, maybe more if it's a 144hz monitor.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It is expensive for such a PC.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I come up with about $450-500 plus whatever the keyboard, mouse, and monitor are actually worth. Maybe a little more depending on PSU and case. The 1060 3GB adds very little value at this point IMO; if you're buying for the 2700X you'll end up replacing the GPU (if gaming) or not caring (if not for gaming).

But hey, if he's not in a rush, maybe someone will buy it at that price. Almost certainly not, but who knows.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah there we go! Why didn't I think of that. lol

The only reason I can really think of is maybe he spent too much money on that 1060. Or he's delusional. Or both.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube