add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do they make this?

mjohn50n

11 days ago

I plan on hanging my new build on the wall and running all the cables and wiring through the wall. This being said I would like to run all the USB and USB-C cables through the wall as well. What Im looking for is some kind of a hub that I can plug all theses into, thus leaving me access to plug in USB cables on the fly into the hub opposed to using a single USB connector to many.

Comments

• 4 days ago
  • 2 points

There are these keystone jack type inserts. (it sounds like you are looking for a simple patch panel type and not a single usb cable to a multi-port hub?).

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Keystone-Jack-Inserts-Pack/dp/B078935SFG

You put them in a wallplate basically which would give you something like a hub if you put a bunch in one wallplate. Then the cable for each is inside the wall and goes back to the PC location.

Here is a rackmount or wall patch panel for those keystone jack inserts as well. There are various types/sizes/brands. https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Mount-24-Port-Keystone/dp/B0072JVT02

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

a usb hub?? yes they make those

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

Im not looking for a standard USB hub, more of a passive hub that I can string all my USB / USB-C cables from the back of the PC to individual ports on one side and connect devices specific to each port, hope that makes a little more sense.

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

Say you have 6 USB ports on the back of your PC you want a type of hub that connects to all 6 of them then uses a single wire to bring it to where you need the ports and provide 6 USB ports where none of them share bandwidth like how you would on a traditional hub?

I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before. Closest I can think of is just get the number of USB extenders that you need and get some sort of cable sleeve that can bind them all together and then route that to where you need them to go.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube