add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How can I make money in Ecommerce?

Jrpg_Guy

11 days ago

This is me piggy backing on my last post about real estate. I already sold things on Ebay and Amazon. I want tips on potentially making a business in E commerce.

Comments

• 11 days ago
  • 3 points
  1. Buy nice-looking things on Alibaba.
  2. Market nice-looking things as higher-end than they really are.
  3. Mark up prices to people who don’t know better.
  4. ???
  5. Profit.
  • 10 days ago
  • 3 points

online marketplaces are very competitive and tough markets to get into. Not all of them succeed. There is too much competition and without a good mentor it it very difficult.

To my knowledge, monthly subscription clubs are the bomb right now. There's a ton of untouched markets and there is always a different one opening every day. I've seen sock clubs, men's shaving razor clubs, dog /cat monthly boxes, boxes for cramps and comfort for women's periods...and that's just a teeny tiny bit of all the possible markets.

The rare sneaker reselling marketplace is also huge and is expected to become a 6 billion industry by 2025. Nike and Adidas make this possible. There's a ton of sneakers selling for over $500.

If you're good with art you can make money with DevianArt and a few other channels. How much, I don't know. You have to be noticed because it is a saturated market. Anybody can make anything with Photoshop and Illustrator and call themselves an "artist". However, it is possible to make money selling art online and also taking orders.

• 10 days ago
  • 2 points

Right now I'm working on two different e-commerce projects. I am making a dropshipping store (List cheap products from china and sell for a higher price without holding the stock, just a lot more steps along the way) and I'm building a themed account on Instagram to ideally get paid to list advertisements on my page. there are countless other ways you can make money online such as selling clothes with your designs on them on websites like redbubble or listing yourself for work on Fiverr. e-commerce is really exciting but you have to stay dedicated as you have nobody on your back telling you to work, you have to really want to succeed.

• 9 days ago
  • 2 points

Too be honest here the only eCommerce i have done is from 2018 to late 2019 i flipped a few dozen PC's on Ebay.

I paid a friend of mine to make some good thumbnails showing him only the best shots i got, you can usually make a decent return if you pay the artist well and price it in accordingly. For the PC's itself i mostly built RGB systems and sleepers, i couldn't really get any other kind of build profitable is such an over saturated market. I also incorporate the shipping costs into the build with a bit of profit ( usually ) and found that it sells faster when it says "free shipping". Finally i only shipped in the lower 48 as they say to drastically cut down on potential shipping costs.

[comment deleted]
  • 10 days ago
  • 4 points

Do it long enough and eventually you won't even have to pay rent either.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

or even pay for food

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Yep

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Until the IRS gets the last laugh and profits off all the taxes you evaded.

Honestly this makes me lose alot of trust for you if you're an advocate of illegal tax evasion.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

I meant it as a joke, and I would not recommend it because the IRS doesn't mind who the s#### with.

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

I guess I will cave to the pressure and delete my attempt at a joke.

• 8 days ago
  • 3 points

One person took it seriously and disagreed with you (unless people are DMing you about it?). You gotta be able to withstand pressure from one person calmly disagreeing or you're gonna delete most of your posts.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

At least three people took it seriously.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

You have a valid point; I shouldn't cave to the pressure of my peers.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Too be honest here, i agree with Gork and getting the full context of your post it makes sense why you posted it. Its just hard to grasp the tone of a sentence on the internet sometimes.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube