add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
dirty_d2o6

16 days ago

I was wondering do I need to buy windows 10 ? It’s my first time building a pc and was wondering if when you boot ur pc is windows ten already on it ? I’m just confused

Comments

• 16 days ago
  • 3 points

... do I need to buy windows 10 ? ... first time building a pc

Yes.

... when you boot ur pc is windows ten already on it ?

No.

• 16 days ago
  • 2 points

You will need to purchase a windows 10 License key assuming your talking about a self build.

Most you buy in store (or vendors who build online include the OS) that are already preassembeled from the likes of Dell, HP, Lenovo etc will more often then not comes with the Operating system already installed.

• 16 days ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Software > Operating Systems".

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

You will need to buy Windows 10 if you want to use it. You can buy a retail key from many major retailers or I believe even the Microsoft Store within Windows. The other option would be to use a free Linux distribution if you don't want to spend money, but there are definitely some concessions made in the switch.

You will need to install whatever operating system you decide to use. These days this is usually done by creating a bootable USB and using that to install the operating system. Making install media can be done using the Windows Media Creation tool or Rufus, for example.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube