add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows update made my pc run super slow

yiruma1
  • 3 months ago

Not sure where to post this but I tried updating my window to the latest version and it made my computer super slow (slow as in FPS drop) (almost to the point where closing and opening tabs were hard). Before the update, I was able to run big games like gta v very smoothly.

I believe my pc build is just fine since I have 1070ti,16 Ram, i7 8300.

What’s wrong with it?

Thank you

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you checked what programs are running in the background? May need to see what is happening in Task Manager. Or you could rollback to the previous windows update as well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube