add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H115i RGB Platinum Advice?

TheOtherside

4 days ago

Just bought this. Dont know how to post links.

Current: NZXT h700i case, Ryzen 7 2700 cpu, MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard.

Do I need to add liquid to this?

Mount it in the front of the case (which I think will look better)?

Mount it to the top?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

No the coolant is sealed inside the AIO and you don't need to do anything more than installing it.

Mount it in the front of the case (which I think will look better)?

That's up to you lol, but if you mount it at the front, you will get better CPU temps (lower temps) than installing it at the top.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I'm doing it soon when the kids go down for a nap.

Do the fans go against the case, or does the radiator go against the case?

• 4 days ago
  • 2 points

It shouldn't matter really. As the fans will face the same resistance regardless if they are sitting in front of the radiator or behind it, theoretically.

Just do it the way it looks nicer to you, and check the temps of the system afterwards.

If you get reasonable temps, you are good to go. :)

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man!!!

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome :)

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

If anyone cares, I got it up and running!

https://youtu.be/QEBGaRsShTo

Christmas mode: https://youtu.be/QkDcodWVYRU

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube