add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which of these sets are best?

OldMcWaffle

4 days ago

Hey everyone. I'm currently in the process of building a mid-range PC, and ram is just about the only thing I have yet to pick out. I would like to stay around $50-$70.

Here are the two sets that stand out to me the most:

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 - $69.99

Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory - $64.99

Which of these, in your opinion, would be the better pick? RGB is nice, but I'm willing to sacrifice it if the Crucial is much better in terms of value. I'm also interested to here if anyone has another set that they would recommend in place of these.

Thank you for the help!

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $185.00
Motherboard Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $145.00
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $64.98 @ Amazon
Storage Team MS30 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $79.99 @ Newegg
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB MECH OC Video Card Purchased For $300.00
Case NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case $69.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply Rosewill 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $70.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $914.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-08 19:15 EST-0500

Comments

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

I have the delta rgb and i reccomend not to buy it as the rgb gets stuck on the same color if you leave it for too long, and you need to rma or get new ram to fix it

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

I guess there is the lifetime warranty to fall back on if they fail. Also, I was planning on lighting them up solid white anyway.

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

ok

[comment deleted]
  • 4 days ago
  • 1 point

That's what I suspected, thanks.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Really, the only differences between the two are their heat-sinks and prices.

The PCB quality (thus better signaling) and the IMC (integrated memory chips) of the ram that sometimes may play a role as compatibility and OC concerns.

It's not always what you see out of the box, only.

So your suspicion is not exactly correct. ;)

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

And is there anyway to tell which is best, besides buying both and benchmarking them on the same system?

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

I would rather check if those modules are fully compatible with that board.

As performance wise, there shouldn't be much of a difference.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube