add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Svchost Malware unable to be removed, please help!

johnsmith101

13 days ago

A few days ago i installed something i shouldn't, and a lot of programs were installed, and my web browser settings changed. Fortunately with the help of Zemana Antimalware i removed most of them, but i have found problems with Svchost. when i search for Antivirus software on google, or i run any antimalware programs i have, they freeze, and task manager says they are suspended. I have searched online and most say to delete svchost outside of system 32, but all the svchost.exe are coming from the one exe file. I have no idea what to do and im terrified my details are being stolen, can anyone help please? I don't know what to provide so ask if you need more info

Comments

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

I had something like that years ago, it was not svchost it was something that made that come up. Unfortunately I can not recall the details. It ended up not a virus it was malware/etc. Also do a cleanup they can hide stuff in startup or internet files that comes back even though it may be harmless.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

put antiviruses on a usb, boot into safe mode, plug it in, run the antivirus softwares. if it doesnt work, backup, or reinstall ur os after extracting ur files.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

if you can't get anything else working, backup only those files you know are completely safe onto a portable hdd or usb stick. wipe the entire hard-drive, reformat it, and then do a clean install of windows.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube