add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What brand 2080 Ti?

Spartan6056

4 months ago

I've got pretty much everything else for my new build, but I'm still deciding on a brand for the 2080 ti and I'm looking for opinions. I'm not planning on overclocking it, and I would like something that has good cooling. I currently have a 1070 that literally heats up the room a few degrees when I'm playing at high resolutions and I would like to avoid that. I don't want a liquid cooled card either, and fan noise isn't an issue as I am wearing headphones 99% of the time. Any suggestions?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

These cards get hot, and the amount of heat that they produce doesn't simply go away because you have a better cooler. A better cooler simply transfers heat away from your card and exhausts it into your room more efficiently. So no matter which 2080 Ti you get, they all will heat your room up.

If you don't care for overclocking and you don't care about quiet cards, you could just go for the cheapest 2080 Ti you can get. The Zotac Twin is $1049 USD at the time of this post. The more expensive models overclock better as they have better binned parts (the die and the memory), and they have beefier coolers that give you more overclocking headroom.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube