add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is 350W PSU good enough with a graphics card?

yudhham

10 days ago

I am using a Corsair VS350 PSU running an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G on an Asus TUF B450M-PRO Gaming motherboard and got an LG DVD Drive and a Seagate 1TB HD spinning, I am thinking of getting a Zotac 2070 Super Mini, I want to know whether my Corsair VS350 can handle it? Can you guys help me out with this

Comments

• 10 days ago
  • 3 points

Definitely not. That would draw around 350w, a good rule to follow for choosing a power supply is power draw + 30% = what PSU you need.

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

I would mostly stick with same PSU for now as it's been just weeks since I bought it so if the PSU can't run enough power to the 2070 GPU, I am dropping the idea of getting a 2070 but are there any good graphics card I could run using this PSU?

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

I would get a 650W PSU.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Power Supply FSP Group Hydro PTM 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $109.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $109.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-11 15:19 EDT-0400

Top of the class, but not an expensive one either if you are in the USA.

• 10 days ago
  • 1 point

I am in India and thanks for the suggestion but I really can't replace the PSU now as its just a few weeks since I bought it, would a 1660 or 1660ti do it with this PSU?

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

That is a very low quality power supply and only has 300 watts on the 12 volt rail and it would probably fail pulling 300 watts.

A 1660 or 1660ti would put you around the 235 watt area and might work.

65 watt CPU 120 watt GPU.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Nope, only a 1650 then.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

If you did replace the PSU, there are a few decent budget units available to you.

Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro isn't the best unit out there, but its far superior to the VS and almost as cheap as the next one worth mentioning.

Corsair CX is available for less. It's a decent budget PSU if you can get over the non-modular design. The 550w and 650w are both options depending on budget/GPU targets.

For about the price difference between the super mini and a 5700xt (if partner cards would ever release there) or 2070, you could get a perfectly capable PSU.

• 8 days ago
  • 1 point

Not familiar with that brand of PSU. Looking online it shows a 10 year warranty which normally is a good indicator but how good are they on backing up their warranties? I have seen some companies offer long warranties but never able to take up on them while others like EVGA are awesome about it.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

Seriously? How can you get into PSUs and not know what FSP is?

That's like getting into cars and not knowing what Ford is.

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

To add on to that, FSP OEM a ton of PSUs, including but not limited to:

EVGA GQ, GD, G5, G1+, NEX (expect to see more EVGA branded PSUs OEM'd by FSP in the future since EVGA cut ties with Super Flower)
Be Quiet! Pure Power 10, 11, Straight Power E10, 11, Power Zone 2
Bitfenix Fury
A lot of others

And they also make and brand:
FSP Hydro PTM, Hydro G, Dagger SFX, Hydro X, Aurum PT, Raider, Raider II, Aurum Pro, Aurum, Hydro GE, Aurum CM, Hexa

[comment deleted]
  • 9 days ago
  • 1 point

With that power supply, you are limited to GPUs with 1x 6-pin PCI-e power connector only and with specifications that support 300W PSU capacity -- which will limit your choices to only a handful GTX 1650 GPUs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube