add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

WEIRD POWER DROP 2080 TI ON FIRESTRIKE FOR 1 SECOND.

sew333

10 days ago

Hello. My card on stock,no oc. Aorus Rtx 2080 Ti Wateforce Xtreme. Today i run firestrike and looking on msi afterburner. In test for a moment,for a second ,power and clock dropped:

Here,gpu power 58% and clock 1575mhz,but gpu load 96%:

https://i.postimg.cc/XqSFQWQ1/ui1.jpg

And bum normal again:

Normal clock, 1980mhz:

https://i.postimg.cc/Dfr0WF0r/ui2.jpg

Any ideas? Rest pc no oc. Psu is Corsair 850 RmX,9900K on stock. Why that happened? GPU connected from 2 separate cables.

I mean why gpu clock dropped,gpu power dropped,but gpu load not dropped?

Pc is on stock,no oc. All is stable,no crashing,nothing like that i see in games. Today for split second clock and gpu power dropped in firestrike.

Comments

• 10 days ago
  • 2 points

If the load exceeds a threshold the clock and the GPU power drops either because it works at it's voltage limits or the GPU did reached a temp upper limit.

And of course it can be related to the many other background programs that are running most probably in the background.

Or it's just a small GPU hick up that happens sometimes if you stress test the GPU of a longer period of time.

If it happens only here and there is nothing to worry about.

• 9 days ago
  • 2 points

Or it can be a blip in the software on Afterburner. Or in Firestrike. Or the hardware reporting. Or any number of things.

nothing to worry about

Some benchmark runs have periods of loading, transitions, or even just odd spots that consistently spike up/down no matter what. Even if it is consistent in this one benchmark, I'd argue its likely nothing to worry about if it happens in the same spot and doesn't affect the overall score compared to similar units.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Yep everything of the above can be possible.

There are so many parameters...that it's impossible to know.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

It happened once and not to reproduce

• 9 days ago
  • 2 points

Then move on and you have nothing to worry about. :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube