add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
philip

2 months ago

Yep, that's right. Dark mode is now available. In the upper right corner on desktop (or under the user icon menu on mobile) you'll find an on/off toggle button. That will toggle between light and dark mode themes for the site.

If you have an account and are logged in, your light/dark will be stored in your preferences. If you aren't logged in, it is stored in a cookie.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 5 points

Thanks so much! This is perfect. It's way better than the dark mode plugin I was using before.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Definitely a nice option to have

I have no complaints so far

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Fantastic!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Sweet!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm loving it. Dark mode everything

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I been waiting a long time for this one "feature"

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

And the above comment was my 4000th comment on the site... I think i need to be awarded some karma store points for that...

• 2 months ago
  • 7 points

I have a plan for comment karma... may be a few months though... Or maybe April, as that’ll be the 10th anniversary of when I started working on the site.

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Finally, you will reveal the secrets of the almighty karma store...

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, but also i think Philip likes to dangle that carrot in front of us.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

So I just ran a quick comment vote query to see where the total comment karma stands. It's currently just shy of 3,500,000... (that's taking upvotes AND downvotes into account).

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Omg! I can't thank you enough :)

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

You have just made many a programmer happy. Thank you!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Now you will experience the full power of the dark side...

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

yay

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Very nice.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Very nice. Thank you.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I just saw the toggle and was very confused as I was pretty sure there wasn't a dark mode. Checked for a chrome extension or something and then came here. Looks very good, and much better than the extensions I've tried. Well done!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

This site has come a long way in the 5 years that I have lurked here. Congrats on the nearly 10 years and thanks for all your hard work!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

"Dying Light"

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This is awesome, great job PCPP team.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

i love you

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Hallelujah

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube