add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
philip

22 days ago

Yep, that's right. Dark mode is now available. In the upper right corner on desktop (or under the user icon menu on mobile) you'll find an on/off toggle button. That will toggle between light and dark mode themes for the site.

If you have an account and are logged in, your light/dark will be stored in your preferences. If you aren't logged in, it is stored in a cookie.

Comments

• 22 days ago
  • 3 points

Thanks so much! This is perfect. It's way better than the dark mode plugin I was using before.

• 22 days ago
  • 2 points

Definitely a nice option to have

I have no complaints so far

• 22 days ago
  • 2 points

Fantastic!

• 22 days ago
  • 2 points

Sweet!

• 22 days ago
  • 2 points

I'm loving it. Dark mode everything

• 22 days ago
  • 2 points

I been waiting a long time for this one "feature"

• 21 days ago
  • 3 points

And the above comment was my 4000th comment on the site... I think i need to be awarded some karma store points for that...

• 21 days ago
  • 6 points

I have a plan for comment karma... may be a few months though... Or maybe April, as that’ll be the 10th anniversary of when I started working on the site.

• 21 days ago
  • 3 points

Finally, you will reveal the secrets of the almighty karma store...

• 21 days ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, but also i think Philip likes to dangle that carrot in front of us.

• 21 days ago
  • 4 points

So I just ran a quick comment vote query to see where the total comment karma stands. It's currently just shy of 3,500,000... (that's taking upvotes AND downvotes into account).

• 21 days ago
  • 2 points

Omg! I can't thank you enough :)

• 21 days ago
  • 2 points

You have just made many a programmer happy. Thank you!

• 21 days ago
  • 2 points

Now you will experience the full power of the dark side...

• 21 days ago
  • 2 points

yay

• 21 days ago
  • 2 points

Very nice.

• 20 days ago
  • 2 points

Very nice. Thank you.

• 20 days ago
  • 2 points

I just saw the toggle and was very confused as I was pretty sure there wasn't a dark mode. Checked for a chrome extension or something and then came here. Looks very good, and much better than the extensions I've tried. Well done!

• 20 days ago
  • 2 points

This site has come a long way in the 5 years that I have lurked here. Congrats on the nearly 10 years and thanks for all your hard work!

• 18 days ago
  • 1 point

This is awesome, great job PCPP team.

• 18 days ago
  • 1 point

i love you

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

Hallelujah

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

"Dying Light"

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube