add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake or Corsair

wils26
  • 7 months ago

I am building an enthusiast gaming/workstation PC and I was wondering what brand is best for fans and water cooling? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm a big fan of Corsair (you can check out my build) and I love iCUE for setting fan speeds and checking liquid temps. That said, after viewing tons of completed builds, especially custom loops, I really like Thermaltake's products. If I wanted to go full custom loop, I wouldn't get Corsair's water blocks. From what I've read and watched online, the CPU block is pretty cheap and the GPU block, at least for me, doesn't do it aesthetically. I have an EVGA card so I would just get one of their Hydro Copper blocks and maybe get the EK block (I have an MSI MEG Z390 Ace and they have a specific mono block just for that board). I don't mind the pump/res from Corsair though, especially since I can link it to my Commander Pro to control in iCUE.

In any case, if I had to go with a single ecosystem for all parts, I would probably go with Thermaltake as they have really beautiful fans (Riing Trio RGB look awesome even as exhaust or viewed from the side) and CPU blocks.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for the help! Also would you go with AMD Ryzen or Intel for this generation? My last build was an Intel but I am interested in a high end AMD PC.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem! And for this generation, since you mentioned gaming and workstation, it would definitely have to be AMD. The 3900X isn't far behind the 9900K for gaming, and as far as other multi threaded workloads, it smokes the 9900K in all except Adobe Premiere due to Intel Quick Sync. I'm only gaming and I purchased parts for my system back in March, so that's why I'm still with Intel. Also, I believe the 3950X which is the 16c/32t chip is due out next month (last I heard it was still September), so maybe look into that as well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube