add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Push Pull Good Or Bad?

SpartyTech
  • 5 months ago

So Cooler Master H500M 2, 200MM Fans Included In push pull config with a kraken x72. To fit it i have to remove the 2 included 200mm fans and then install the kraken with the fans on the inside pull and then re install the 2 h500m fans on the outside keeping the nice RGB visual and hopefully increasing airflow compared to the kraken on its own. Is This True? Ill also buy another 2 of the same 200mm fans for top exhaust and then just use the 1 included 140mm exhaust fan at the rear. So is that a good idea? Im talking to a guy who did the exact same and he says it runs better than having the kraken on exhaust for cpu temps atleast which is what im focussing on as my gpu is an open style msi 1080. Thanks

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

200mm fans are quite bad for pushing air through radiator fin stacks. That said, you are still mounting the stock Aer P fans on the back of the X72, and that is already good enough by itself. The 200mm fans in front pushing air won't really make that much of a difference. Even adding the proper 120mm fans to the front won't make that much of a difference as you get huge diminishing returns on push/pull fan configurations (also diminishing returns for case fans as well). Since you aren't really spending anything extra, it should be fine.

Just to give some reference, Gamers Nexus just published a video like 5 hours prior to this post regarding a new 200mm AIO from Cooler Master. In the same video, they explain pretty much the exact things I mentioned in the first paragraph. It's an interesting video anyway so I recommend you check it out (it's only 13mins).

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

so should i keep the 200mm fans for aestetics? I dont care aslong as its not decreasing airflow. I have seen alot of people say push pull lowers airflow in some cases but this guy i talked to changed my mind a bit. So if i keep them it wont degrade any airflow at all but just wont increase it?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, you can keep the 200mm fans for aesthetics. They will not hinder airflow, though it's possible that they may create some turbulence in the case with those 120mm fans behind the rad. The only thing that will do is probably create a bit of extra noise (may or may not be noticeable, and I may also be full of crap... I think it really depends on the fan speeds of the 200mm and 120mm fans). I don't believe push/pull will lower your air flow at all.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

ok Thankyou i usually have radiator fans running close to performance mode and then i would have the 200mm as high as i can go depending on noise but i hear 200mm fans are rather quiet so they might be on close to max. I wear headphones so it doesent bother me

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube