add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dream Cars

ZFGeek
  • 7 months ago

What is your dream car? When detailng, also include any mods you'd want, if applicable.

I used to want a new red Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, fully loaded, but I've recently changed my mind. I now want the 2020 Corvette C8, the new mid-engined model. That thing is slick! Obviously, I'd get the lit engine window at least.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

1960s selby. with some custom stuff inside

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I upvoted you for the Shelby, a Daytona Coupe is on my short list. Although I've driven a 289 Cobra and they're not really comfortable for a long haul.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

true. that one small shelby would never fit me.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm 6', that was ok, but you sit a little twisted, and feel everything.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

2002 Mazda RX-7 FD3S Spirit R Type A.

Just 8 more years until it's legal...

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Just move to Canada. Our PC component prices suck, but you could be in your FD today!

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Another AE86 that's well sorted like my last one.
I like Astons but they are pieces of **** so IDK if i'd enjoy owning one.
Probably a low-spec trim 6 speed manual V8 R8. Reliable and DIY friendly as far as supercars go.
I have more dream projects than just straight up dream cars.
There are a few other AMG cars i'd like to add to my stable.

https://imgur.com/a/t9PGMEs

Here is an album from my local Cars and Coffee I made from Saturday. Date is wrong because I'm a doofus. I go to this meet often and there are plenty of dream cars there.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, and for some reason, Astons have a crappy amount of room as well. For being a grand touring type of car, I'd expect to be able to fit in the better than a sports car. Yet, I fit better in Lamborghinis and other low sports/super cars than I do in a DB11 or a DBS.

The 1st gen R8 with a stick is a ton of fun, the only thing I think is funny is that the manual doesn't actually touch the gates of the shifter haha.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The shifter isn't even really "gated". Its just a steel plate they put over the shifter to make it feel and seem gated. You can actually buy it directly from Audi and bolt it to tons of cars. It has a VW part number. Ive driven lots of supercars and honestly the R8 is just one of the few that doesn't feel like if you beat on it it'll fall apart. It's also the most DIY friendly by far. Next most would be a pre-LP Gallardo with a stick.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You can actually buy it directly from Audi and bolt it to tons of cars.

Oooo, now that's giving me some ideas.

Ive driven lots of supercars and honestly the R8 is just one of the few that doesn't feel like if you beat on it it'll fall apart.

100% agreed on this note. Some cars just have a feeling that they are well put together and solid. Like everything was placed together properly. The Acura NSX and newer Porsches also invoke this feeling for me

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Tesla Roadster 2020

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Dream car? Mclaren F1 but even if I got one for free and a decent pay job at like 100K/yr I still couldn't afford the maintenance on the damn thing.

Realistic (as in I could own it in my life without being old as hell) dream car? Probably a C8 variant of some sort. Depending on how the stingray and the grand sport differ this time I may want just to get one of them and slap a super charger on it.

Attainable dream car? Honestly I'm thinking about picking up a 6th gen Mustang GT soon. Not a dream car by a lot of people standards but I honestly couldn't imagine getting to the point of being able to afford it.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Mercedes Benz S55 AMG

Mercury Marauder

Explorer ST

That’s about it, I don’t really have high end or super car tastes. If I HAD to have some crazy expensive car, probably a G63 AMG or an Aston Martin or something of the like.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Why do you like the panther platform so much?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s big, comfortable, reliable, simple looking. The design is iconic since it’s the last of its kind, and there’s millions of them so easy to find parts for.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yesterday I was out looking for a decent cheap digital camera, (pawnshops,wallyworld, and such), I didn't find what I wanted, but I did see a Ford E-350 van with a utility/crew body. V-8, dual rear wheels, nice driver/passenger compartment. Just what I need, although it'll be awhile before I can buy one. Dream Car? I have a list of 'em.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I would just love a Ferrari FXX. Better yet it if was somehow street legal.

Attainable dream car, I'm with Vagabond, I could easily be happy with a Corvette or a Miata.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean I don't see what stops it from being street legal if you use street tires on it and slap on a license plate. Its basically a Enzo after all. If it can be done in Germany with the infamous TUV it should be able to be done stateside where in some states the inspection just consists of checking the vin and odometer.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/news/a32595/street-legal-ferrari-enzo-fxx-evoluzione-for-sale/

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright...you've fixed the first part of my problem, now if you could just get me $12.5M that would be great! lol. Awesome car though btw

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I know this Nigerian prince that could help you.

[comment deleted]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I would want a Volkswagen Beetle with a jet engine. Practical? no. Fast? Hell yeah.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

1st gen Acura NSX

Lexus LFA

Toyota 2000GT, which is realistically impossible for me to obtain

Porsche 959

Plenty of AMG's too

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

The LFA is insane. I love that car. I might just think that because my first impression of it was through Top Gear (the good one, not the new one with that Evans guy), though.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Can’t drive due to nearsightedness, but if i could drive I would love to have a Ford Mustang Shelby GT350, modded with twin turbos, cold air intake, intercoolers, high flow exhaust system, stock gauges replaced with nicer looking aftermarket ones, ECU tune emphasizing better performance at the cost of the car’s mediocre gas mileage being even worse than before. And maybe replacing the 6 speed manual transmission it came with, with Ford’s new 10 speed automatic transmission.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Why would you want to ruin that fantastic flatplane crank V8 with some silencing turbos haha.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

More power = more bragging rights

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Not always. If you don't build up the rest of your car or do it right, you'll just be left spinning tires or the rear will try to swap sides with the front.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

so basically I go nowhere or the car rips itself apart, completely destroying itself?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Uhh no, where did you get that idea? I mean, you can add a ton of power, but get a ton of wheel spin that will make your launch worse or it can have too much power and be uncontrollable leading to spins.

[comment deleted]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Imagine wanting to fart around with gear selections and RPM matching, using a clutch mechanism right out of the Stone Age, when one can be driving! Heck, let's bring back manual chokes while we're at it.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Originally I wanted a 240z modded exactly like this, but I've sort of fallen out of love with them after seeing them in person.

Now, there are two cars that I have my eye on. The Ferrari 328, ideally in blue like that one, but gray also looks stellar. I fell in love with that one after seeing it in person at the Monterey Concours. Midengine, vintage, gated manual, exactly what I want.

However, since I don't want to foot the bill of maintaining a Ferrari nor do I know if I even enjoy driving it, I've been looking at a more practical and obtainable Porsche. The 996 911 has been piquing my interest for some time now and I actually think it looks stellar with a Turbo or GT2 front facia. An interesting color also makes it pop.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

A man of culture with the S30. Love that picture.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess I'm old and jaded, because when I hear "dream car" I'm envisioning something like my Prius C with a bit more power and a bit better handling, but still getting 50 mpg on the way to the gym / swimming pool.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Tesla model 3, no question

or maybe a 570 s mclaren

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Koenigsegg Jesko, CCX, Agera R-RS

Ferrarri FXX series and 430 Scuderia

McLaren F1

And I forget the name of the specific Lamborghini.

Datsun 240z

Honda S2000

1969 Mustang, and most muscle from that era.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

ever since i was a little kid its been a 1965 Shelby cobra, absolutely love them

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube