add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
ZFGeek
  • 7 months ago

I've got a quick survey-type question.

1. Do you prefer a video that gets right to the point and is short, or do you prefer slightly longer videos that give a little more background and information?

2. Does this preference change for different types of video? If so, could you give an example of a video type you think would go into each category(short and to the point, more informational).

Thanks for your time in advance!

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. It depends, if it is a YouTube video, i do like it both ways, however i like it to be under 10 minutes. Unless it is content i REALLY care about, or a youtuber i really like. But if it is in my recommended and not what i am subscribed to and it is over 10 minutes, chances are i am not watching it.

2. i think what i wrote for 1 covers the answer for 2

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd prefer short, sweet, and to the point any day

I hate looking up a how to video and the dude just talks for no reason and stretches the video out.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Honestly agree, Linux how to seem to be the worst. But everyone right now is trying to hit that 10 minute mark it seems.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh for sure

Some videos that I've come across in general, they'll stop at like 9 minutes and 30 or so seconds, then it's just a black screen for the last 30+- seconds to hit that mark.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

depends

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I prefer no video at all. Give me text and photos any day of the week, unless the video is demonstrating something that isn't well described by static photos or text. Videos just for the sake of being videos annoy the hell out of me.

If it must be a video, it should present the conclusion up front, and expand on it if necessary afterwards.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

How To videos I prefer to get down to the point and show each step.

Informational videos I like being more drawn out and include as much relevant information as possible.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube