add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Aaron.T
  • 6 months ago

I have bought all my parts my except my aio. I’m still deciding on Nzxt’s kraken x72 or Corsair’s h150i I would like room in the future to overclock a intel core i9 9900k

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I've tested both extensively with the X72 and H150i Pro on my 9900k overclocked to 5.1GHz. The X72 performs the best and leaves you with extra headroom for pushing higher clocks if you can stand to run the fans louder. The H150i is limited due to the fan speed of the included fans. They max out at 1600 RPM which is still pretty quiet, but if you mount your H150i on top with a 2080 Ti dumping heat under it (like I did), you will eventually reach TJ max as it won't be able to keep it cooled. If you mount on front, it should be okay, but it'll still run a bit warmer than the X72. The X72 cools just as well as the H150i Pro at the same noise levels, but again, due to the better stock fans, it has more headroom to push further if you wish.

As for the software, I hate NZXT's CAM while I love Corsair's iCUE. Also, depending on your motherboard and if you fill all available DIMM slots, you may need to rotate the pump on the X72 or it will push up against your memory. That was my problem so I ended up with the Corsair H100i RGB Platinum instead. It is a 240mm AIO with really good included fans that spin up to 2400 RPM. It can easily keep my 9900k cooled at 5.1GHz when fans spin up to 80%, but it's pretty loud. At stock, I can keep the fans at 50% which is barely audible, and this is with the AIO mounted on top as exhaust with the 2080 Ti dumping heat into it. Hope this helps you out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube