add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Recommendations

SpikeBender
  • 7 months ago

Hi all, I am looking into a case for my build. (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9KybNQ)

I am thinking of getting either the NZXT H700i or the Cooler Master H500M or P, but I am not sure what to choose. I am looking a case that has excellent cooling rather than one with pretty lights.

Any fan recommendations?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the h500M and I really like how it looks. My only concern with it so far has been routing cables, and specifically routing the usb 3.0 headers on the front.

It may be the motherboard I'm using, but I feel like they look odd; either totally bent and full extended to reach the ports on the bottom or pushed through the routing holes (poke out really far)and potentially block airflow from the front of the case.

That being said the back side modesty panels have been getting in the way more than helping. I think a better solution would have been to not have a window on the right side at all, and not have to block it all with metal which ultimately restricts space.

If you have a lot of experience you probably wont run into the same problems I had, and in that case I would totally recommend it.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the non i version of the H700 and while it's a sturdy case with good build quality, I don't think the air flow is quite as good as the H500M. I purchased this along with the X72 Kraken so that all available fan slots were filled, and for the most part, it was adequate for my build (9900k, 2080 Ti). The H500M might have better thermals if you really want to push overclocking, but the H700 was good enough. I eventually switched over to the Corsair 500D RGB SE for the RGB, but I still think the H700 is okay. The H710 refresh is now available and I would recommend that instead as it has a USB type C front panel as well as a single thumbscrew to remove the TG side panel (four thumbscrews is really annoying with the original H700).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube