add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Push/Pull on AIOs

jw215
  • 7 months ago

I have been stalking the H115i Pro for a bit now. I watched the install videos online already but one thing that confused me was how you guys do push/pull on an AIO. The AIO has two fan headers on the H115i Pro. Would putting four on there via splitters exceed specs? How did you guys hook it up on your specific AIOs? Thanks

Second question: Corsair says the fans on the H115i Pro are ML 140s but they have lower max RPMs. Is it because of the software or that's the physical limit? Listed on Corsairs website: H115i Pro specs Fan Speed: 1200 RPM Fan Airflow: 55.4 CFM Noise Level: 20.4 dBA Fan Static Pressure: 1.27 mm-H2O

ML140 Speed 400 - 2000 RPM Sound Level 37 dBA Power Draw 0.259 A Static Pressure 0.2 - 3.0 mmH20 Fan Airflow 97 CFM

If I wanted to get ML140's for push/pull does that mean I have to get a whole new set?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are going to add more fans, it's probably best to hook them up to a fan hub or to the motherboard. Don't try to add more fans to the AIO unit itself. You need to download and install iCUE to control the fan and pump speed (I really like iCUE for this), and it probably won't recognize extra fans attached to the AIO.

Second question, those are the limits of those fans. Hint: they suck. The fans with the H115i RGB Platinum are much better as they spin up to 2000 RPM as you listed above. I have tried the H115i Pro with a push/pull fan config (the extra fans were Noctua Chromax 140mm fans) and the noise and temps (not to mention the cost of those extra fans) were terrible. Also, I didn't have control of the Noctua fans (I did set a curve) so that sucked too.

Your best bet is getting the RGB Platinum version and leaving it at that. Adding extra fans is only as good as the fans you buy and having the ability to control the fan speed in the OS. For the few different push/pulls that I have tried, it has at most ended up giving around 5C better temps under load. Not worth the money or hassle IMO.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.

I watched GN and they said stock tested well compared to H100i Pro that has regular ML120s. I just don't know how they get those temps with such low RPMs. I have a Silverstone fan hub already. If I do push/pull, should I just run all the fans off the fanhub?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

For temps, maybe they weren't using the most powerful CPU for the time. I think those tests are a couple of years old. Don't expect amazing temps with something like a 9900k. I have a 9900k and used the H115i, H150i, H100i RGB Platinum (my current cooler), and Kraken X72 coolers. I can safely say that the H115i Pro was the worst for me. If you do push/pull, I would still leave the fans that come with the AIO plugged into the included fan headers attached to the pump.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Good advice, thanks.....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube