add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with cablemod.com

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The custom cables you get from cablemod aren't necessarily for cable management but more for aesthetics. I suppose they could help with cable management if you go for custom lengths so that you have fewer bunched up cables, but generally, they are more for how your system looks with colored, sleeved cables with cable combs. You can click my build to see how they look in a completed system, but the cable management part isn't really made much easier due to these cables.

By the way, these cables are very expensive. My custom cables cost me almost $200 with shipping. The cables you will need are two 8 pin PCIe (VGA), a 24 pin ATX for your motherboard, and at least one 8 pin EPS for your CPU (depends on your motherboard, you might have two 8 pin EPS connectors or an 8 and 4 pin EPS). Those are the most important for aesthetics as they will be the most visible. For your X62 cooler and 860 evo, you could get a SATA cable (it would need two connectors if you only want to run a single cable for both of them). I just used my stock PSU cables for my SATA devices. If you end up getting 5 cables with the pro sleeving and cable combs, you'll likely reach the same cost as me at around $177 before shipping.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube