add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H100i Platinum SE vs H115i vs Kraken X62

sycorax666
  • 8 months ago

I have the following setup. Please help me decide on a cooler. I thought having a LL FAN based cooler throughout the case would look cool and read a lot of reviews / opinions and now here I am completely confused.

The Case came with 3 Corsair LL fans, now I need matching AIO to go along with it. But I am not able to decide on one.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor Purchased For $500.00
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $169.99 @ Corsair
Motherboard ASRock X570 Steel Legend WiFi ax ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $209.00
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Purchased For $155.00
Storage Crucial M500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Purchased For $114.00
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card Purchased For $769.00
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $175.00
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $90.00
Case Fan Corsair LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fan $34.99 @ Amazon
Monitor HP T3M84AA#ABA 25.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor Purchased For $0.00
Mouse Logitech G602 Wireless Optical Mouse Purchased For $0.00
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse Purchased For $0.00
Headphones Audio-Technica M50x Headphones Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2216.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-02 13:36 EDT-0400

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Your confusion confuses me. I'd recommend getting the Corsair H115i RGB and sticking it in the top radiator tray as exhaust.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. Would replacing fans from ML to LL on this have an impact on performance ?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You would lose some performance. How much I am unsure; I've seen some people say it's not noticeable but others saying it is.

At the 280mm size though I don't think it'll noticeably impact performance of a Ryzen chip.

Expensive swap though unless you can sell off the original fans and maybe the controller that comes with this two pack.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah that’s my last option. Buy and swap. Thank you !

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the same case and cooler (but the black one) as your part list and I would recommend you just keep the stock fans with them. They are excellent and perform better than the LL120 fans. For the H100i RGB Platinum, regardless of the white or black version, both come with fans that spin up to 2200-2400 RPM. The standard non white LL120 fans only go up to 1600 RPM (white ones spin up to 2200 RPM and the ML120 Pro RGB fans that come with the black version spin up to 2400 RPM). They can get a bit loud at that speed, but better to have that option if you need the cooling.

Anyway, to see how it all looks with the lighting (just default rainbows), you can click on my build. Good luck.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you ! I actually bought my parts from your part list. Did a copy paste and modified it a bit. I wasn’t sure about the ram so it ended up being non Corsair. But it should be fine.

The white sure looks cool but it would look odd on my setup for sure, but I’m still scratching my head why don’t we just have a 100i platinum se in black. Makes everything easier.

By the on the same question, I have the case motherboard and psu. I’m trying to test the fans and lights to make sure everything works. (Don’t have the processor gpu yet). The fans don’t turn on for some reason, but the mobo lights up. Should I have the complete setup for them to turn on?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah okay nice. For the fans to spin and light up, I think your system needs to be able to post, so you need the CPU in GPU installed.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for pointing that out. I would have bought it and replaced it with the ll fans.

So basically

H100i platinum rgb - black 2.2k rpm ml fans H100i platinum se rgb - white 2.2k rpm ll fans

White ll fans - 2.2 k rpm Black ll fans - 1.3k rpm

Why in the world is Corsair making these so complex. So I can’t really buy a black and replace with black ll fans cause they are slower.

Or should I just say screw all that and get the se white version which has best of everything. It might pop out a bit which I think might make it stand out ha ha

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the different fan speeds are really annoying. I had to check several times to make sure I got the right cooler that would do the job for my system. Also, the black LL fans get up to around 1600 RPM but yeah, they are the slowest fans of everything listed.

The white version is fine but does kinda clash with the black case and pre-installed black LL120 fans. I do prefer the regular H100i RGB Platinum and honestly, it's kinda hard to notice the top exhaust fans anyway if you top mount the AIO (if you sit next to the case, you have to duck your head to notice them, unless you have the case raised higher than your keyboard on your desk). So replacing those fans for aesthetics is not very noticeable. The most noticeable fans are obviously the front and the rear exhaust. Hope that might help with your decision.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I agree. It will be on the desk. I’ve decided to throw in some white flavors and switch all cables to white. So the white se should fit in fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube