add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming build storage upgrade

Sig0431

3 months ago

Time to upgrade the storage on my system. My MOBO is an Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero (AMD) with one M.2 slot.

I want to move from SSD and HDD set up to M.2 NVMe and researching this is giving me a headache. Keep in mind I don't have hundreds of games I download, I have roughly 3-4 games (Overwatch, Call of Duty) that I play.

Option 1: 1tb or 2tb M.2 NVMe for OS and game storage.

Option 2: M.2 NVMe for OS and SSD for games and HHD for other general storage

Option 3: What you recommend because I am not that savvy on storage solutions.

I am not worried about the cost but keep in mind that I do not need crazy server grade storage, but my current storage needs an overhaul.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say get a fairly large midrange NVMe like the Intel 660p or Crucial P1. And any additional space you can fill with SATA SSDs.

More SSD space equals more happiness in my world.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Option 1 looks decent where and also fits your requirement because 1 or 2 TB is normal thing to have now-a-days and won't cost to much as compared to the other options.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube