add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Internet difficulties

jarrodrh

3 months ago

So I've been having trouble with my internet connection for some time now and today I went to xfinty to get a new router and upgrade my service and I get home plug everything in and get it activated and the connection speed is still all over the place. It's especially bad when I start up a computer game. For example ill be getting a connection speed for 60mbps and when starting up a game it will shoot down to 15mbps. Xfinity has yet to fix this issue and I'm at a loss at the moment. I've tried a system reset to my computer and numerous amount of other things in hopes it would fix this issue but nothing. Any information or tips will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

When these problems occur I'll check the speed of the internet on my phone and it will be fine as well as everything else in my house that uses wifi.

If your "computer" is connected via WiFi, that would eliminate the router/gateway device as source of issue.
Similar material: eask

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

unfortunately still no luck. the only way i get the internet to start working on my computer again is to restart the router. would an entire system reset help solve this issue? i think im over do for one anyways. my computer has really slowed down and i've been having a lot of "crashes".

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

... computer has really slowed down and i've been having a lot of "crashes".

Many things can cause "crashes"

Provided your "computer" has no hardware defects,
Your options are to backup any desired data then clean install everything, which is likely the fastest method
or
Try to identify and correct each and every bug/infection, which can take hours/days.

Good luck.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube