add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Site from scratch

ZFGeek
  • 9 months ago

So...I was teaching my cousin how to create a website with HTML and CSS, and hosted it on github. This was the outcome...

zgeek03.github.io/CZSite.html

What do you all think? Pretty simple, but taught all the basics of building a site from scratch. I tried to make it semi mobile friendly; still working on that on some parts.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

As a baseline building tool, it does look like you are covering the basics, however might want to really work on align with them. if your alignment is off on the website, it would be almost impossible to get mobile version to work right

[comment deleted]
  • 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm...I wonder why. I know I used working links. Something in the <iframe> tag must be broken. I'll look into it.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Iframes act a little loopy for a lot of sites. if i can avoid (sometimes you just cant) i will. Also some sites will just all together prevent you from using iframes for security reasons

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

What would be a good alternative for embedding YouTube videos?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

<embed> or <object>

But i would look into why iframes wont work, because it is known, but very rare for a website to not support iframes when it comes to youtube.

<object style="width:100%;height:100%;width: 820px; height: 461.25px; float: none; clear: both; margin: 2px auto;" data="http://www.youtube.com/embed/random"> </object>

of course you would need to set your width and heights to work properly on your site.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll troubleshoot and fix it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube