add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
ZFGeek

4 months ago

Anybody that got into Pokemon, or any of those same type card games?(Magic: The Gathering, etc...) I have a binder full of Pokemon cards from a couple years ago when me and my brother got obsessed, as well as 5 or 6 pre-made decks. I have hundreds of cards. I haven't opened the binder in a long time...

Sadly I can't really sell them, as they aren't worth anything much. I'd be lucky to get $10 if I included the binder. :(

Pics link: https://imgur.com/a/4fz5EiQ

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Link some pictures ill pay some money depended on what there is

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't post pictures right now(I will soon enough) but I have cards from the 1980s through 2018, Including multiple Promo Mews and Mewtwos, a 2nd edition Blastoise, many full evolutions of cards, multiple EX cards(possibly a GX), and tons of energy cards. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

• 4 months ago
  • 5 points

Pokemon didn't even exist until like the mid 90s, so you got some rare cards from the 1980s!

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh, I meant 1990s, not 80s. :P

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok cool. Depending on if I find your card rare, ill pay up to 20 bucks up to one card. Theres one certain one ill play 20 bucks for but cannot think of it now. Ill know it hen I see it though.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Got pictures uploaded. There are like 32 pics there... ;)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are interested I have around 300 pokemon cards, I’ll take pictures tomorrow

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

TBH I was so into pokemon when young but lost interest. Detective Pikachu has kinda reignited that flame tho. That movie was amazing and the pokemon were sooooooooooo adorable like omg

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

My wife and I recently got back into MTG. We play with some of her coworkers (in their mid 40s) and her older brother and his GF. We have cheaper newer cards but some of the people we play with have tens of thousands of dollars of alpha/beta/revised cards. One dude has a played beta lotus, full mox, full revised duals, etc and plays them all often. Most of my cards are post 2010, and even with tons of mythics most of my decks aren't worth over $10. My wife and I have probably 15,000 bulk cards and one of her co workers has single cards worth more than everything we have. One dude who played seriously since Alpha has around $200,000 in just alpha/beta cards.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

MtG is a sickness. It's like Warhammer. Just don't do it!

Reporting this post because it might tempt kids into life-destroying habits. /s

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm too cheap to ever buy expensive cards and luckily with MTG you don't need to spend money to be competitive. There is a website (i'll find link in a minute) that sells $4.99 decks (used cards in various condition) that are more than competitive at Friday Night Magic.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Mox Boarding/Card Kingdom?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Card Kingdom. Correct.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I live near them.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Still have a bunch of those pokemon cards to from the 90's. Big fan back then.

Good times ;)

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Actually, your Gallade ex and mewtwo card look pretty pristine! Those two cards are worth more than what you think. The gallade ex alone is worth $20 and if that mewtwo is 1st edition, up to $100. I have a binder myself that me and my gf collect and we have quite the collection rounding out to close to 1k if my math is still right. All I gotta say is the shiny foils are generally worth more than non shiny foils. And if you have any original or 1st editions worth way much more! Hope this helps

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, I’d only ever watch the shows, and the only card game show I watched was Yu-gi-oh, and I didn’t know you could buy the cards until a few weeks after I started watching it, and I still don’t have any of the cards.

tl;dr — No

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I also have a huge collection. save them. in 10 years they will be priceless...

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Here goes Beanie Babies all over again.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

When I was real young I collected Xmen/Marvel cards with my brother and dad. Had a gigantic binder full of them.

I also picked up a few Pokemon cards when those first came out. Wish I had held onto them.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I never understood pokemon and still don't, lol.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to be into yu gi oh when i was young, or about 5 years ago, but i jumped on the train late and most people were moving on to magic. I dropped all card games the next year, due to a loss of interest. I had a few pokemon cards i got from friends but i always rather play tournament over the card game any day/generation.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I live in Europe, but I’d love to take all the cards. Yeah. all.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube