add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mushkin vs Crucial

V1ND0G

9 months ago

I was originally looking at the Crucial MX500 for ~$70 but stumbled upon Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 500gb showing on sale from $140 to $71. Is Mushkin a better brand and I should take advantage of the "deal" or is this a case of a fake markup just to show a HUGE sale?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

The Reactor is a good SSD but the Mx500

Also FYI that isn't a sale, that is a normal price for a 500GB SSD. They are just making it look like a sale.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

MX500 is better*

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Mushkin isn't a bad brand, but the MX500 would be a better buy

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't know that it's a fake markup, sounds more like old stock originally priced higher and now they're trying to get rid of it before the loss gets worse.

I've used a couple Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD's and they're perfectly good. Still, I'd get the Crucial unless you are feeling charitable towards the seller.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

That's all I need to know haha Crucial it is.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube