add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can it be done??? NZXT G12 mod

SKiTZOFRiENDLY

9 months ago

Hey, so working on my first real pc buikd and wanted to run an AIO on the CPU and GPU. Since I wanted to ride the RGB wave I wanted as much white as I could squeeze into the build. Saw the Corsair h100i RGB platinum SE AIO and fell in love. Had a great Idea of using 2 one for the CPU which is easy enough but the G12 bracket doesnt support because the corsair pump isnt round. But Im wondering if the round hole can be modified to fit it anyway. Doesnt seem hard to do but if I open the hole up how would it mount just not experienced to understand. Please help!!! Also why arent there any 92mm rgb fans??? Would like to use a vertical gpu mount to show off the mod if its possible and an rgb fan of that size would be great!!!

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

I wouldn’t recommend trying to mod a G12 bracket, it’s a good way of damaging the die by uneven mounting pressure

Since you are already having two separate 240mm AIOs, it might make more sense to go for a soft tubing loop

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Modding brackets can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. You can apply too much mounting pressure and damage the component, too little and it won't get cooled, use the wrong material and you can short something or cause metals to react. If you use the G12 bracket you should just use the cooler that is supposed to go with it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube