add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for theoretical thick laptop with modern hardware.

DaMysteryMan
  • 14 months ago

So I'm looking at laptops just for the sake of looking at laptops, and i've noticed a lack of... depth, in most products I'm finding. Pretty much I'm looking for a thick laptop, support for 8th gen CPUs (desktop or mobile), 2 drive bays or at least an m.2, and MXM card slot for upgrades. Now I'm also not looking for all the fancy bells and whistles of a rugged laptop like waterproofing or extreme cold proof, but I do prefer a thicker style, and all at a preferably low budget. Does this laptop exist?

BTW google "thick laptops" and number one article is thinnest laptops available.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. The trend has certainly been thinner products, especially so with Max-Q laptops.

What's your budget? It might be more fruitful to look into a mobile workstation.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Provide me some options around and under 1kI’m not buying anything for a while, however just want to know what happens to thick laptops and if they even exist.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

The Thinkpad series is pretty renowned.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really what I want, I’m looking for a height of greater than 1 inch, and a larger, heavier, thicker, more powerful feel.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I do prefer a thicker style

Are you specifically looking for "thick" laptops for the sake of being thick, or are you banking on the correlation (often, but not always causal) that those laptops with less miniaturization involved can cost less for the performance offered?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

More capabilities for upgrades/mods, better cooling, more room for powerful components, and I really don’t like the feel of thinner laptops, like I might break them at any second.

[comment deleted]
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I am familiar with the brand, thanks. After looking again they do have some nice hardware, and about the build quality I'm looking for. Thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube