add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Problem OCing memory

DaMysteryMan

22 months ago

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/GfFtt6

So I was OCing my memory, and thought it was a jolly great idea to try to get my DDR4-2133 MHz RAM to 2666 MHz, and now I am in a hell of trouble. I tried to get it to run at that number by setting it to 2666 in the settings (OC > DRAM > DRAM Frequency,) and when nothing happened in CPU Z, (1066 mhz) I went to the OC settings some more and enabled the “Try it” feature for DDR4 2666 14-16-20-26.Now when power on my PC it just endless spins and sits, with the EZ debug LEDs stick on Memory and CPU. Power and reset buttons do nothing, actually when I hold reset the RAM light turns off until I let go of the reset button. No signal from monitor and the redragon logo on my mouse doesn’t light up. Any suggestions? Little bit of trouble here...

Thought of turning off Try It mode but if I can’t get to BIOS...

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Unplug the PSU and remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes or do a CMOS reset as described in your motherboard manual. Both solutions will reset your BIOS changes to default values and should allow you to get into BIOS.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

CMOS battery is nestled tightly between GPU and cooler, but the reset should work. Didn’t think of that, thanks.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, it worked. Any advice on OCing RAM without having to repeat this process?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I am not really experienced with manual RAM overclocking myself, but you could try to increase DRAM voltage a little bit. Most XMP profiles use 1.35V for anything higher than 2666 MHz. Also your RAM seems to be CL15, give it a try with CL16 instead of CL14.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do. Had to remove GPU to get to CMOS battery, so Inwill be more careful.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube