add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sphere shaped reservoir?

DaMysteryMan

23 months ago

Title^

Is there a way to make a sphere shaped reservoir if there are none actually for sale anywhere? I have started planning my next build and it will be absolutely huge(ly expensive). Anyone know any reservoirs shaped in a sphere, or how to make one like that? Just needs to be a res, without pump.

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Bump.

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

So would it be possible to take something like this and drill 2 holes for fittings?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems like that would work, but you also have to keep in mind that whatever system you end up with, you need to make sure there are no air bubbles. If you follow the ideas from the guide you should be fine.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

This will likely be at the highest point in the loop, with a fitting pointed down and one going out the side. How would I actually drill the hole for the fitting, and what size is that? How thick does the acyrlic actually have to be?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Right. So disclaimer, I have not done this before. I recommend you to actually read the article I linked. It will answer all your questions. Here are things to note:

When searching for acrylic to work with, make sure you get CAST acrylic only. DO NOT use extruded acrylic for any of the pieces. If the acrylic doesn't say what it is, assume it's extruded.

If you see cracks in the acrylic when drilling, it's extruded acrylic.

You could try this website to buy the materials: https://www.mcmaster.com

I also placed a few holes further down in the divider that are 3/8in diameter to let water through but were restrictive enough to help keep air from heading straight toward the outlet.

If I'm not mistaken, I think he's using 0.25" thick acrylic.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I read the article fully, and I think this is a bit beyond my experience level. Is there anyone who sells custom reservoirs? Is there any other possible way to get a spherical reservoir?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube