add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just want an advice for building a computer (First Time)

Craiya
  • 87 months ago

I want to build a computer that can basically run pretty much any game I want. I am not too picky about the graphics but I would go the extra mile if it means I could play on high settings. The price range I want is about 1000$ including the monitor. I would prefer it to have a lot of memories. So this is the build I came up with with this site. This is my first time doing anything with a computer so if you guys can help a fellow out and customize it to matchwhat I have said before, it would be fantastic. Thanks for reading this.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HyDT Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HyDT/by_merchant/ Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HyDT/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Newegg) CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($129.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V ATX FM2 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon) Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($114.72 @ NCIX US) Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg) Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($104.98 @ SuperBiiz) Case Fan: Noctua NF-A6x25 17.2 CFM 60mm Fan ($15.99 @ Amazon) Power Supply: Rosewill 600W ATX12V Power Supply ($62.98 @ Newegg) Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($55.06 @ NCIX US) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC) Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($180.99 @ SuperBiiz) Total: $1051.66 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-27 17:25 EDT-0400)

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

I would do away with the AMD and the high-end CPU cooler and get an i3-3220 and deal with the stock Intel cooler for a little while until you have a chance to upgrade to an i5 or i7. That is just me. You do not really need the water cooler (even though I have one on one of my rigs) for the i3 because it maxes out at 55w and the stock cooler is sufficiently quiet.

You would also save approximately $150 that could be spent elsewhere. Also, no real need for 16GB of RAM at this moment. If you can get 2x4 you would be better off.

These are just my opinions. I have two rigs running i3 3220's and MSI 7850 Twin Frozr III OC edition graphics cards and I can play most everything at 1080p without a problem, and usually Ultra settings with a moderate overclock on the 7850. The 7770 is not going to even approach that. I upgraded from 6770 for this reason.

However, you didn't mention whether you plan to overclock. The i3 will not be overclockable so if you take my route be aware of whether you decide to upgrade the processor later and buy a Z77 board. If you never plan to overclock, buy an H77 board and make sure you don't buy the K variant (3570k,3770k) of processor when that time comes.

As stated, these are my opinions. If you would like to go down the path you are going down, more power to you. It should work out tremendously, but I think you need to find room in the budget to get a 2GB graphics card above the level you are trying to buy now because of the monitor. Whether that be a 660 or 7850 or above, your choice really.

What I'm trying to really say is that the build is not well-balanced. You shouldn't be using an APU with that graphics card for one. You would want an FX processor for a rig that can "play pretty much any game I want", I'm assuming at 1080p.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube