• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

UnrealisticMan1993 1 month ago

Video: https://youtu.be/0t4uLh2ZK04

Ok then, well that solves my question if HOW much ram would i need at most so 16gb is plenty, but I have a new question, What is the “speed limit” at which games make no use of the faster memory, I will more than likely read up on benchmarks to find the answer, but that video did answer one question on my mind, so far my rig runs 16gb DDR4-3200, which runs games real good, but I am one of those guys who will try to maximise on the ram to squeeze every single frame i can from ram, if you catch my meaning.

EDIT: my research has found that 3200 is at most all you need, beyond that performance drops, though I fail to see how that is even possible.

Comments Sorted by:

tragiktimes101 1 point 1 month ago

All CPUs benefit from faster RAM, Ryzen especially so. But this question only makes sense in certain situations. If, for example, you are going for as fast of fps as you can get than 4000+ RAM might make sense. It can help hit the absolute maximum possible fps. But, if one is already hitting their desired fps then it really doesn't matter at all.

Matsozetex 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

EDIT: my research has found that 3200 is at most all you need, beyond that performance drops, though I fail to see how that is even possible.

Generally as you go for higher speeds CAS latency may increase. Latency below 20 are optimal but some kits that go above 3400 start getting higher latency which may result in worse performance. The best bang for the buck range and just plain effective range is 2666-3200 MHz and 14-16 CAS Latency.

UnrealisticMan1993 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I see and understand