PCPartPicker

• Register

Programs freezing in the background after Fall Creators update.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Mr_Christensen 4 months ago

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me. So quite often, I find that a program is kinda stuck in the background. This happens a lot with Steam for some reason. I can open the program and see everything there, but when I try to click on things, It kinda goes through the window and onto the desktop. It's like a ghost image, but I can still see stuff changing. It seems to happen when I start a fullscreen game of some sort. Same happens with Spotify as well.

Anyone else have this problem? You got any fix for this? :P

I did a reinstall of both steam and my system, but with no luck.

Thanks. :)

Comments Sorted by:

pegotico 2 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

Anyone else have this problem? You got any fix for this? :P

Working fine here..

I did a reinstall of both steam and my system, but with no luck.

Did you try doing a clean installation of falls creator? If not create a media installation using Microsoft tool (this will create a windows installer with latest version falls creator) instead of updating from an older version of windows.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I can tell you, a lot of ppl having issues with the falls creator update, so I decided to do a clean install and until now everything is running fine. My sister's pc was messed up with the update.

Mr_Christensen submitter 1 point 4 months ago

Yea, I did a complete clean reinstall of the FC Update. Hopefully some Windows updates will fix this isssue. :/

Tooth 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

launch your game in WIN7 compatible mode