• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

OldSkoolNoob 1 month ago

I have a Windows 10 PC. I have two screens. They are different sizes. I already have them set up the way I want them. One displaying games and the other to do other things while gaming. I have two mice and want one to use during gameplay and the other it's own pointer to run the second screen. Question being, how do I accomplish this. When I plug in the other mouse all it does is sort of tandemly control the same pointer as the other. So I tried a program called Teamplayer 3 and it sucks. It's close, but so glitchy I can't stand it. Please help.

Comments Sorted by:

Captaincow285 2 points 1 month ago

Try programs Eithermouse or Plural Input.

If those do not work, you cannot do that short of doing some fancy networking stuff from a second PC or completely ruining your registry trying to do some things.

OldSkoolNoob submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Thanks, Ill try those.

relaxative_jr 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

If what you want to do is in basic programs such as a music player, web browser, or text editor, another option is to use a VM. You need at least 8gb of ram and I would recommend at least 16gb.

Install VirtualBox and extension, download a lightweight Linux distro(your choice, I'd use Debian with LXDE), set up a VM, install the distro, install browser of choice, passthrough your USB mouse and USB keyboard(both are needed or every time you click in your VM your normal keyboard will be sending keys to the VM also), set the VM to fullscreen mode on your second monitor.

If you need to share files between the Host(Windows 10) and your Guest(the VM), there are options. VirtualBox shared folders, windows advanced share(otherwise known as an SMB share, not a homegroup share), separate NAS box, and Google drive backup and sync are all options.

If you need to use windows(for MS office or something) or programs that use lots of resources, you will need to allocate more resources to the VM and maybe, therefore, upgrade your computer. If you need to use a program that uses GPU acelleration, this will NOT work.