add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Value wasn't the main concern with the build but I didn't want to go wild. There was no need for a Ryzen 3000 APU so saved there, was able to reuse an old memory dimm, so saved there too.

We might be getting her the Ryzen RGB cooler, not much better cooling but with the lights.

I totally get your point in terms of price/performance, a dedicated GPU would do wonders. Saying that, she's already getting 60fps in Minecraft on the 'fancy' preset and most of her steam library are platformer.

The memory is something she has researched herself and has set her heart on. Additionally, it's her money at this point, if she wants spend her pocket money or RGB dimms so be it.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

my apologies i thought the break the bank comment meant this was a focus on budget. thats fine if it runs everything that they play then thats fine.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If she gets an RGB cooler and RGB ram, getting an RGB strip with it as well would be a great option as well; in my opinion of course.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube