add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points

when i installed windows 7 with a disk (9 months ago) i had to use the 30 day trial as the product key it came with was "only viable to upgrade past windows" and i eventually had to extend it another 30 days before i could get a key.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Aha, I understand by what you mean by this. Today's downloadable Windows 7 ISO from Microsoft, one needs a legit product key to download the ISO, burn it to a disc or flash drive and be able to install it these days. Unless someone had purchased their own disk with an unused product key or purchased only the product key that is legit and ready (not the fakes or mass used on many computers as this will prevent a download attempt of Windows 7's ISO).

It's nice you were able to do this 9 months ago with a Disk that had a workable trial version and purchased a legit product key for Windows 7 when you were able to. To me Windows 10 is much easier to download their ISO, burn it to a flash drive, and install it with the free version which requires no product key versus Windows 7 you need a product key regardless. I'm not saying I like what happen because I loved Windows 7, it's just little a bit more difficult to install Windows 7 than what it used to be. (Not impossible of course).

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i see what you mean i just hate the way windows 10 as it's always downloading updates and doing random stuff. Just my experience with it.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries and I totally understand and agree about the automatic updates being annoying. The most I can do for Windows 10 is to schedule a certain hour per day, though it will make time to update if it skips it, which can be the following day. Windows 7 and Windows 8 are much easier to control with Windows updates and less instant must have to update ASAP no matter what you do.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube