Hello everyone! Meet my first build. I had laptop msi gt683dx, but it's capability was not enough and I decided to buy a PC. I wanted to be creative and not to appeal to special services. I was canvassing the market, reading reviews, on-line-forums, talked to people for long time and gradually I made a list of components I needed. Obviously, the list changed, while I was purchasing, because the new products were released, which, in my opinion, were better than ones I chose before. For example, fractal design meshify c blackout tg or Samsung ssd 970pro 512gb, and the main thing was the announcement of pinnacle ridge. The reason why I had to delay the built was that I wanted to make ryzen 2700x the heart of my computer. I'm completely sure that it was worth it. I absolutely agree that the most important thing in PC is it's performance, but I also think that stuff which costs over 1900$ should look better than a box under my table. All kinds of LED-tapes and LED- coolers are unnecessary, but an elegant embedded highlight is quite a good choice, IMHO;)
Some difficulties I faced with:
1) By the moment of delivery of the components, I was very ill with pneumonia. I was in a hospital for 10 days in 10 minutes from home dreaming of escape and starting a build:)
2) After 2 days' unstoppable manipulations and visits to service centers, it was clear that motherboard asus rog strix x470 gaming was defective. The power was on, LED lit up, but the motherboard did not launch. I had to make a return ( postage to other country), and, as it took me not less than 2 months, I made a decision to purchase an another motherboard for a while and after all to use it in another PC. I chose msi b350m bazooka. It was a nice choice, as occurred. It works with ryzen2700x, does not heat up, ram ran easily on stated frequency and timings (g.skill trident z rgb 16gb ddr4 kit 3000 cl15).
About the components in detail:
1) ASUS ROG Strix x470-f gaming - at first, I had a defective one, after the service center it runs, but unstable on stated RAM frequency, though on b350m it performed OK. Maybe the thing is in more sophisticated setup.
2) Ryzen 2700x – was chosen with reserve and for now it copes with it's duties, does not heat up.
3) EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC Gaming ACX 3.0 6gb - I play dota2, starcraft2, bf1, gta5, and it handles it great.
4) Samsung SSD 970 pro m.2 512gb – I could buy a cheaper model, but I was attracted by it's service life, because I'm not going to replace it for 2-4 years.
5) Cryorig h7 quad lumi - I got it rather expensive, taking delivery into account, but I liked it's unobtrusive highlight. I changed the cooler to be quiet! Silent Wings 3 120mm high speed immediately, for better cooling and aesthetic value ( the one that was in the set was very unsightly)
6) Seasonic PRIME FOCUS modular (80+Platinum) 750 Watt – a great power supply unit! I can recommend it! Of great quality, quiet, with nice cables in a set, modular design, long warranty and a platinum certificate. I got it on discount, so it's my favorite purchase.
7) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb DDR4 16GTZR Kit 3000 CL15 (2x8gb) – was chosen for the authority of the brand and for it's apparel, it suits my build perfectly.
8) Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12 black - two of a kind are built in the computer case, so my choice of the third one is obvious.
9) Fractal Design Meshify C Blackout TG – a classy computer case, liked it from the first sight, tinted glass looks just right! I was going to mount in the same one for the mATX motherboard, but I considered it unpromising, and the variety of motherboards is very low. The case cools great, though it's rather noisy when standing on the table and 3 coolers work in it. I mounted everything in it with no problems, very happy with the process and the result.
10) Phanteks ph-cb-cmbo WT - good looking and good quality extension cords, but they are barely seen through the tinted glass in my computer. If I knew that, I did not buy it.