Wireless Network Adapter
This is the computer I uploaded in January 2015 under the title The Sempleton. Though to be fair, I should've held off, because I knew by the time I was done it would be vastly different from how it started. This part list is what it looks like now and a log of the updates I've made to it.
I'm still not done ~2.5 years after starting (who ever is?), but I feel like with the latest upgrade to my GPU I have basically maxed out this mobo/cpu/ram combo and, therefore, will have to start over to continue to keep up with the games I want to play. I initially built with many of the components being lower-end in order to build a low-power computer for my parents (The Harvester), and I cherry-picked the parts that would be easiest to replace for that (RAM, GPU, CPU), so those were my first upgrades. Since beginning this labor of love, I have upgraded
-the RAM, from a GSkill Ripjaws Series 2x4GB DDR3 1600 to a GSkill Ripjaws X Series 2x4GB DDR3 2133 and finally to a GSkill Ripjaws Series 2x8GB DDR3 2400, where it will stop until/unless I upgrade the CPU and Mobo. I was beginning to have problems with gaming, so I used the kit I'd been holding for a since-scrapped build for my brother. In playing Shadow of Mordor, it crashed a few times, and even a little Minecraft was using all 8GB of my RAM, so I decided it was time. The only hiccup was that my mobo only OC's RAM to reach 2400MHz, so I had to tinker with the settings in UEFI, but it seems to be working fine now, and I'm no longer getting crashes running Shadow of Mordor. I'm still running it at decreased graphics because of my monitor being my 720p tv though;
-added a WD Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB cache 7200rpm HDD for mass storage and backup;
-the GPU (from a fanless Asus GeForce GTX 610 1GB DDR3 to an MSI GeForce GTX 750 TI 2GB GDDR5 and in September 2017 to an MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB DDR5);
-the CPU from an AMD Sempron 145 (which in my case was actually an Athlon X2 rebranded as a Sempron 145) to an FX-8350 and added an aftermarket CPU cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo);
-and added a radiating 120mm fan to the top of the case. Initially this was an Aerocool Shark 120 Red, but it was noisy and didn't respond to lowering its RPM in the UEFI so I changed it to a Cougar (I believe) Turbine. It was the rear exhaust fan from the Cougar Spike case for my parents' build, The Harvester. I have since changed the fan configuration again and added dust filters throughout the case. Currently the rear exhaust fan is an Enermax TP Vegas 120mm Blue LED PWM, and the fan on the CPU heatsink is a Lepa 120mm Blue LED PWM. I like the Vegas a little better, but as its lighting cycle cannot be synced with other fans like it I plan to swap those two with each other. I have also ordered another couple of the Lepa fans to fill out the rest of the case (front intake x2, bottom intake x1).
As of October 2017, it currently stands with a GTX 1060 Gaming X GPU and an FX-8350 CPU with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler and 16GB of RAM. The GPU fans rarely spin at all, but the 212 Evo eventually has to spin up to a fairly loud RPM during gaming. This has been moderated a bit by changing the CPU fan to the Lepa 120mm blue LED PWM and upgrading the GPU, which has meant less heat in the case overall.
Realistically, this is about the pinnacle for my build with an FX-8350 as the CPU, so from here any upgrading will mean tearing it down a bit. To that end I will eventually migrate the cooling system, storage, GPU, and if it will fit the PSU to any further builds.