This was my first build which I use for front end web development and casual gaming in GTA5, Portal, Ultramarine and Half Life 2. I am really chuffed that I managed to assemble it with nothing exploding or catching fire. All the parts were new except the GTX 960 which I picked up used from eBay. Also managed a cheeky little overclock on the CPU to 3.7Ghz to squeeze a bit more performance out of the 2200G. The PSU is mounted upside down as I am planning to put the tower on a carpeted floor.
What went well
- No dead parts, everything was functional.
- I assembled my first ever PC.
- Upgrade path so I can improve if my needs change in the future.
- Decent cable management (in my humble opinion)
Things that could have gone better
- Installed M.2 drive in wrong slot so had to swap it over after the 1st boot.
- Should have installed all necessary cables into the power supply before mounting it into the case.
- Mounted the front fans in the wrong place so had to re arrange to get the front I/O cables routed correctly.
Future build improvments
- Focus a bit more on colour scheme; matching parts and cable extension kit
- A different case with a PSU shroud
- More RGB :)